21. September 2012 / Ricky Ricardo
Transiting Cities Competition
Transiting Cities, Low Carbon Futures is an international ideas competition calling on renowned international designers and academic institutions from a wide range of disciplines including architects, landscape architects, urban designers, planners, engineers, scientists, entrepreneurs, economists, artists and students to participate.
The brief asks:
How can we rethink, regenerate, rebrand, rework, reactivate cities dominated by singular economies for a vibrant and innovative future?
Re-Think - Latrobe as a network city, Low Carbon Futures, An Integrated Vision!
Re-Generate - The Regional Landscape, the Local Economy, Through Community Building!
Re-Brand - New, Innovative and Alternative Cities of the Near Future, Strengthen Identity!
Re-Work - Rehabilitated Mines, Redundant Infrastructures, Multiple Cultural Hubs of a Local Productions!
Re-Activate - Celebrate the Past , Intensify Town Centres!
Transiting Cities is an international design ideas competition and it is open to everyone. Participating teams can have one or more members. Projects can be real or speculative proposals. Proposals need not be generated exclusively for this competition but reworked to demonstrate how they can be applied to the site of the competition.
Download Competition Booklet
Prizes: Over $20,000.00 in Cash Prizes
Winner Prize - AUD $15,000.00 (Cash Prize)
Runner Up Prize - AUD $3,500.00 (Cash Prize)
Student Prize - AUD $2,500.00 (Cash Prize)
+ Three Honourable Mentions
Deadline for Early-Bird Registration - Monday 29 October, 2012
Deadline for Late Registration - Friday 30 November, 2012
Click Here to Register
- Ass. Prof. Alan Berger - Associate Professor, Urban Design and Landscape Architecture, MIT University, Director, P-REX
- Luis Callejas - Founder & Director, LCLA Office, Lecturer in landscape Architecture, Harvard University GSD
- Prof. Julia Czerniak - Professor of Architecture, Syracuse University, Director, UPSTATE
- Richard Elkington - Chair, Regional Development Australia (Gippsland)
- Prof. Peter Fairbrother - Professor of International Employment Relations, School of Management, RMIT University
- Celine Foenander - Presenter & Journalist, ABC Gippsland
- Latrobe City Council - Local Council Representative
- Mitchell Joachim - Founding Co-director, Terreform ONE, Associate Professor, NYU, Associate Professor, EGS, Switzerland
- Peter Latz - Adjunct Professor of Arch. Landscape Arch. University of Pennsylvania, Director, Latz + Partner
- Perry Lethlean - Director, Taylor Cullity Lethlean, Adjunct Professor in Landscape Architecture, School of Architecture & Design, RMIT University
- Chris Reed - Adjunct Professor in Landscape Architecture, Harvard University GSD, Director, Stoss Landscape Urbanism
- Malcolm Smith - Director, Urban Design, Arup
- Lou Weis - Creative Director, Broached Commissions, Co-Founder, inframe.tv
- Liam Young - Director & Founder, Tomorrow’s Thoughts Today