We are pleased to present our readers with a very special Baumeister magazine: David Adjaye’s guest-curated May issue. In this issue, Adjaye primarily examines the impact climatic, geographical and regional conditions have on architecture. As the son of a diplomat who grew up in many different places, he takes a personal look at his African roots and explores the question of what the definition of home and identity can look like in a globalised world.
- Climate Moderators
- Africa Architecture
- A Place in the Sun
- Building the Future and the Past. Lucio Costa in Brazil
- Synthesis of East and West. Sakakura Junzo in Japan
- A Gathering Place for the Nation. Louis Kahn and Charles Correa in India and Bangladesh
- Between Outdoor and Indoor. Alvar Aalto in Finland
- Place and Circumstance. Alison and Peter Smithson in the UK
- A Personal Journey. Interview with David Adjaye
- Sugar Hill in New York
- Aishti Foundation in Beirut
- International Finance Corporation (IFC) in Dakar
- Latvian Museum in Riga
- Apartment Building in Munich
For further English issues in the Baumeister Curated Series please click here.
Click here for an overview of the monthly German Baumeister issues.